Last modified on May 2016
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act
”) the data controller is Next Generation Solutions Limited of Prospect House, 50 Leigh Road, Eastleigh, Hampshire SO50 9DT (“NGS
” or “us
NGS is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Information we may collect
Information you provide.
We will require or request you to provide personal information to set up an account for the Share’n’Go app and website:
Automatically collected information.
- Account information – text-enabled mobile number, machine or mobile device ID and other similar information.
- Identification information – your name, street address, email address and date of birth.
- Social network information, such as your Facebook connect credentials (and information that you authorise Facebook to share with us) and email account information. We also allow you to import data from other social web services, such as Facebook and Google Plus
- Financial information you payment cards details linked to your Share’n’Go account.
When you use the Share’n’Go app and website, certain information may also be automatically collected:
Information collected by third parties. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- personal information that is contained in the files, documents, photos and other materials that you upload to the Share’n’Go app and website;
- information from your mobile device, such as your device type, machine or mobile device identification number, your Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, geo-location, time zone, and language setting;
- information from your computer, such as your IP address, your login information, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, time zone, and language setting;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our app (including date and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
How we use your personal information
- to provide the services, products or information you request;
- to process transactions and send notices about your transactions or your network activity;
- to contact you about your use of the Share’n’Go app and website and to respond to any of your communications;
- to monitor and analyse website usage and trends and for technical administration;
- to customize, personalize, measure and improve the Share’n’Go app and website and our users’ experiences;
- to inform you of updates to the Share’n’Go app and website from NGS that better meet your needs;
- to send you surveys or newsletters, to contact you about new services, products, activities, special events or offers from NGS or our partners or other third parties, and for other promotional, marketing, product development and informational purposes;
- to research and develop new products, applications, features and services for the Share’n’Go app and website;
- to store contacts you enter or upload into your contacts list for your private use and viewing;
- to detect and take action against fraud and abusive activities;
- to resolve disputes, collect fees and troubleshoot problems; and
- for any other purpose for which the information was stated to be collected.
Disclosure of your personal information
NGS will not share your personal information with third parties, except as described in this privacy or on the Share’n’Go app and website. For example, NGS may share your personal information as follows:
We will not send your personal information to third-party social networks unless you have specifically requested or authorized us to do so.
Where we store your personal information
- with vendors, consultants and other service providers who are engaged by or working with us solely in connection with the operation and ongoing improvement of the Share’n’Go app and website we provide;
- with other users with whom you choose to share files, documents, photos and other materials;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorised or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with laws or respond to lawful requests, legal process or law enforcement authorities or to protect the rights, property or safety of NGS or our agents, employees, customers and others, including to protect the property and rights of ours or a third party or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, or legally actionable activity;
- in an aggregated or anonymized form that does not directly identify you;
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if you opt-in to sharing personal information or if we disclose on the Share’n’Go app and website that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information; and
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, an acquisition, financing, merger or sale of all or a substantial portion of our business, with or to another company.
Confidentiality and security
We take reasonable steps to protect personal information we collect from you to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. However, unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Share’n’Go app and website: any transmission is at your own risk.
Links to third party websites and services
We have a legal obligation to ensure that your personal information is kept accurate and up to date. You also have the right to request details of the personal information we hold about you and to delete or rectify any inaccurate personal information about you.
We may change this policy at any time by updating this page. Please check this page from time to time to ensure you are happy with any changes.